Poetry Foundation Blogs



For the past two years I have been a student at the School of Visual Arts in their MFA Program for Art Criticism & Writing. It is an amazing program. The past two years have been the best  two years of my life. I am currently at work on my master's thesis titled "Keine Neue Welt Ohne Neue Sprache," which is taken from Ingeborg Bachmann's novel The Thirtieth Year. The phrase translates as "No new world without a new language" and in my thesis I've been exploring the work of Marguerite Duras, Clarice Lispector, Hanne Darboven and, of course, Ingeborg Bachmann. In particular, I have been looking at how these writers have gone about making their own language(s) utilizing stutter, hesitation, repetition and silence.

For the month of April I will be blogging for the Poetry Foundation's blog, Harriet, and will be continuing on this theme. I've called this series of blogs, which will serve as a kind of laboratory for me, a place for me to negotiate meaning with regard to this topic.

Stay tuned as I will be posting links to these pieces as they become live.

Here is the first one:
http://www.poetryfoundation.org/harriet/2015/04/notes-toward-a-new-language/

Comments